Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Exclusive interview with Rapper IY



What is your name, and name your artists name

I am iy... real name is Iyobosa.... stage name is an abb of my real name

Where are you from?


I am from Nigeria, edo state

How did the Name Iy came about?

Well,I did a lot of unprofessional music with the choir and some bands, and at that time I wasn't called any name expect my real name, it was until I had my first studio session and I was asked what name should we create your file with. lol....

I wasn't sure but I just told him Iy,the way ladies loved to call me.... since then it sticked

Ok where did your musical career picked up from?

It is still building up, pick up is rather huge to use already,lol

Ok where you in your church choir or the music was an inbuilt thing?

It started with a choir but not with d church.... not a church choir

Do you play any of the instruments?

Yeah, not on a very good level though, I first picked up a wind instrument and it wasn't helping my voice and I was advised to drop it.

What's your kind of music?

Afro pop..... African influenced hip hop

Thinking back to early childhood, what was your first
experience with music for the first time like? What song do you
remember most as a child?

From childhood, a lot of reggae music, a lot of dube, Marley, Donald Ericsson, majek, ras kimono.. and then 2pac, R Kelly... I grow up around a lot of older persons so I was pretty much exposed to hearing a lot of music.

You currently have a song on air ibebe that has been making waves in clubs and the city of benin,what's the success story behind that song?

It was the beat..... I was working on other stuffs at the time, then the beat came and I loved the sound, I freestyled on it.... just for fun

There was no plan to put it out. Since I am not putting any songs out at the time

But it sounded okay and I was like It's not gonna make any body of work of mine so its best I allow more people enjoy it cos some of my close peeps already had it.
That was it... and it got out on my birthday...

How is 2016 going to look like for you?

We are not rushing anything.... But we are working and we got plans
I'd say u just enjoy the movie

What's your opinion about the Nigeria music industry in general?

The Nigerian industry is one full of talents and goal getters. There is a lot more work to do with structure but it remains the pride of African music

Which of the Nigeria song have you put on replay since the beginning of this year?

There are a whole lots of great music out dis year, But if you want me to sell just one song that will be hard,I'd prolly pick ' my prayer by niyola' good effort. dope lyrics and delivery

Where do you see your self in the near future in the industry?

I see myself successful running a well structured music company.... good chart topping music should be out also... But na God get power

Any advise for our youth that are hoping to take your career path

There is a thin line between success and frustration when you are talented don't get deceived, get an education and a back up plan...... and before anything you must trust your God

Thanks for doing an exclusive written interview today with Basenaija.com
Entertainment blog. We sincerely appreciate
your support, and we hope you will tell everyone to read this article.
We hope you will also invite your other artist friends to interview
with us at Basenaija Entertainment blog soon! Thanks again…YOU
ROCK!

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I learned so many things from your articles. Expect other contributions. Thanks for sharing
    lucky patcher apk

    ReplyDelete